Horse Friendly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horse Friendly

Where Humans, Horses, Cats, Dogs, Fantasy Creatures, And Cattle Unite!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weight-Related problems...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RWeb2009

Weight-Related problems... Empty
PostSubject: Weight-Related problems...   Weight-Related problems... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 4:04 pm

i had 4 horses in my field 3 cobs and 1 morgan they have all had more hay to eat than they could manage and a good bucket of feed a day. The 3 cobs look great but the morgan became to loose weight 3 weeks ago so i bought him a new rug and upped his feed to 2 buckets a day i just thought that that would do it i also gave him another wormer in case it was worms but he still lost weight on thursday this week he became tangled into his rug and a vet was called the vet noticed that he had a blood discharge from his privates.

He later died of colic this friday morning he had a few episodes of colic over the last few years and muscle damage for this last year on his rear quarters since he got himself caught up in his stable, the vet has taken a lot of blood tests but i feel awful as people thought that he must have been starved but he always ate more than the two mares put together please could you let me know if you know what is was or has anyone had this problem

------------------------------
Vegetable Garden + Home Garden =
Back to top Go down
Shadow Heart

Shadow Heart

Weight-Related problems... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight-Related problems...   Weight-Related problems... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 6:41 pm

oh my gosh, that's terrible! If that happened to one of my horses... I'll research it
Back to top Go down

Weight-Related problems...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Horse Friendly :: Ideas/Questions-
Jump to: